Mental health is as important as physical health, especially when living with a chronic condition like lymphedema. In recognition of May being Mental Health Awareness Month, panelists and attendees at the Lymphedema Patient Roundtable opened up about their own mental health journeys and how they support their emotional well-being alongside their physical.
Joining the panelists on the other side of the virtual table was regular attendee Fenton Groff, who shared his story peppered with insights on how he manages his mental health together with his lymphedema.
The hour flew by as the conversation continued to topics like the surgical treatment of lymphedema, exercise, and nutrition, as well as re-framing your lymphedema treatment as self-care. To close out the evening, Fenton shared an encouraging quote from Mark Twain: “The secret of making progress is to get started.”
A special thank-you to our panelists this month:
- Kelly Bell, Lymphedema Patient and Advocate (@veteran_fighting_lymphedema)
- Alexa Ercolano, Lymphedema Patient and Lympha Press Marketing and Communications Associate (@lymphielife)
- Fenton Groff, Lymphedema Patient
- Angela Jones, #Lipolymphedema Patient and Health Coach (@2018gethealthy)
- Catherine Rosenberg, Lymphedema Patient (@crosenberg1982)
- Amanda Sobey, Lymphedema Patient, Certified Personal Trainer, and Nutritionist (@am.sobey)
- Nasreen Starner, Certified #LymphedemaTherapist (@nasreenstarner)
And here’s a list of links mentioned during the chat:
- Find a Certified Lymphedema Therapist through resources from the Lymphology Association of North America, Lighthouse Lymphedema Network, the Lymphatic Education and Research Network, and the National Lymphedema Network
- Watch Kathleen Lisson’s webinar on breathing techniques and mindfulness
- Watch Leslyn Keith’s webinar on The Lymphatic Code
Lympha Press is proud to offer these monthly Lymphedema Patient Roundtables and to be a support to the lymphedema community. The Roundtables are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 8:00 PM EST. Sign up to attend any of our live webinars at https://linktr.ee/LymphaPress.