It’s summertime and a lot of people are going on vacation, but as we all know: lymphedema does not take a break. Whether going down the shore or traveling across the globe, the panelists and attendees at the July Lymphedema Patient Roundtable shared some great tips for managing lymphedema away from home.
From compression garments and bandages to tips on how to find a certified lymphedema therapist, the conversation was bursting with information and resources. There’s a lot to be pumped about this summer, too, with Catherine Rosenberg sharing an update on her recent suction-assisted lipectomy surgery and Alexa Ercolano relaying her excitement to participate in the pediatric lymphedema summer camp, Camp Watchme.
Thank you to our panelists this month:
- Karen Ashforth, MS, OTR/L, CLT-LANA (@karenashforth_cltlana)
- Kelly Bell, Lymphedema Patient and Advocate (@veteran_fighting_lymphedema)
- Alexa Ercolano, Lymphedema Patient and Lympha Press Marketing and Communications Associate (@lymphielife)
- Angela Jones, Lipolymphedema Patient and Health Coach (@2018gethealthy)
- Catherine Rosenberg, Lymphedema Patient (@crosenberg1982)
- Amanda Sobey, Lymphedema Patient, Certified Personal Trainer, and Nutritionist (@am.sobey)
- Nasreen Starner, Certified Lymphedema Therapist (@nasreenstarner)
…and here’s a list of links mentioned during the chat:
- Find a certified lymphedema therapist through resources from the Lymphatic Education and Research Network, the Vodder and Norton Schools, and the Lymphology Association of North America
- Get resources for pediatric lymphedema patients through Brylan’s Feat Foundation
- Receive passenger support while flying with a TSA notification card
Lympha Press is proud to offer these monthly Lymphedema Patient Roundtables and to be a support to the lymphedema community. The Roundtables are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 8:00 PM EST. Sign up to attend any of our live webinars at https://linktr.ee/LymphaPress.