It’s beginning to look a lot like lymph-mas at the Lymphedema Patient Roundtable! The December edition brought many gifts, including a recap of the recent National Lymphedema Network Conference, the importance of patient — and self — advocacy, and a candid conversation about the discouragement or frustration that can sometimes accompany life with a chronic condition.
As folks shared their strategies for coping and staying positive, Roundtable regular Fenton Groff offered this inspiring message in the chat: “We all have personal struggles and stories from our chronic condition… but even though this disease process is progressive for me… I can still walk, I can breathe, I can see the birds and listen to beautiful music and smell wonderful brewing coffee and I am in a routine to better my lymphedema care. Small victories people… find your small victories.”
To end the night, panelists and attendees considered the question “If you could ask ‘Lymphie Santa’ for one thing, what would it be?” and chimed in with their wishes for the lymphedema community in the new year.
A special thank-you to the elves on our panel:
- Karen Ashforth, MS, OTR/L, CLT-LANA (@karenashforth_cltlana)
- Kelly Bell, Lymphedema Patient and Advocate (@veteran_fighting_lymphedema)
- Alexa Ercolano, Lymphedema Patient and Lympha Press Marketing and Communications Associate (@lymphielife)
- Angela Jones, Lipolymphedema Patient and Health Coach (@2018gethealthy)
- Catherine Rosenberg, Lymphedema Patient (@crosenberg1982)
- Amanda Sobey, Lymphedema Patient, Certified Personal Trainer and Nutritionist (@am.sobey)
- Nasreen Starner, CLT (@nasreenstarner)
Lympha Press is proud to offer these monthly Lymphedema Patient Roundtables and to be a support to the lymphedema community. The Roundtables are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 8:00 PM EST. Sign up to attend any of our live webinars at https://linktr.ee/LymphaPress.