“Having one’s pain and suffering recognized and confirmed is vital, since this creates a power that makes it bearable.” This quote, taken from the 2021 paper Women’s Experiences of Living with Lipedema (Catharina Melander, Päivi Juuso & Malin Olsson), was at the heartbeat of February’s Gal/Palentine’s Day episode.
Our regular panelists brought “plus one’s” like Lympha Press fan (and friend of Brenda) Jenny Beaujean, Pale Ginger Pear‘s friend Kelly Lynn, Cheryl Scoledge‘s friend April Sluder, and a “crossover” appearance by Angela Jones (The Lippy Butterfly‘s guest, who is a regular panelist on our Lymphedema Patient Roundtable).
Dr. Karen Herbst’s pal-entine was Dr. Thomas Wright, another key contributor to The Standard of Care for Lipedema in the United States. Longtime supporter of the lipedema community, Nita Clewis, brought her powerful voice to the conversation, which ran the gamut from moisturizers and supplements, self-love, and excitement surrounding the upcoming FDRS Conference in Cleveland, Ohio.
A heartfelt thank-you to our panelists and guests:
- Angelique Charles (@thelippybutterfly) and Angela Jones (@2018gethealthy)
- Nita Clewis (@wholeandbalancedliving)
- Pattie Cornute (@LipedemaFitness)
- Cara Cruz (@palegingerpear) and Kelly Lynn (@kellybellyohio)
- Dr. Karen Herbst (@drkarenherbst) and Dr. Thomas Wright (@laserlipoveinstl)
- Cheryl Scoledge (@LipedemaDiva) and April Sluder (@thelipedemajourney)
- Brenda Viola (@lympha_press) and Jenny Beaujean (@jenny_beaujean)
Join the conversation every third Wednesday of the month at 8:00 PM EST! Sign up to attend any of our live webinars at https://linktr.ee/LymphaPress.
The Lipedema Patient Roundtables are brought to you by Lympha Press, makers of the Optimal Plus. The Optimal Plus was specifically designed for lipedema patients, who report results that include reduced pain and increased mobility. Lipolymphedema patients benefit from the movement of lymph that Optimal Plus therapy provides, and often experience reduction in size. Find out more by visiting www.lymphapress.com.