Class is officially in session at the September Lymphedema Patient Roundtable, and the syllabus covered everything from finding a support system and staying encouraged while managing lymphedema, to an interesting conversation on the Perrin Technique, an osteopathic approach that manually stimulates the fluid motion around the brain and spinal cord.
The 2023 National Lymphedema Network Conference is right around the corner, and guest panelist Louisa Boyd — a certified lymphedema therapist and NLN Board of Directors member — offered a sneak peek of what to expect. Not only will there be exciting research on brain lymphatics shared by Dr. Wei Chen, but Roundtable panelists Catherine Rosenberg and Kelly Bell will speak about their experiences as patients with central lymphatic issues.
During the Q&A portion of the evening, the panel answered questions about genital lymphedema, nighttime compression garments, and how to find reputable surgeons who would accept insurance. Then attendees Geri and Valgrace joined the panelists on the other side of the virtual table to share the ways they stay encouraged in their lymphedema lives.
Thank you to our panelists this month:
- Kelly Bell, Lymphedema Patient and Advocate (@veteran_fighting_lymphedema)
- Louisa Boyd, OTR/L, CLT-LANA (@louisaboyd19)
- Alexa Ercolano, Lymphedema Patient and Lympha Press Marketing and Communications Associate (@lymphielife)
- Angela Jones, Lipolymphedema Patient and Health Coach (@2018gethealthy)
- Catherine Rosenberg, Lymphedema Patient (@crosenberg1982)
- Amanda Sobey, Lymphedema Patient, Certified Personal Trainer, and Nutritionist (@am.sobey)
Lympha Press is proud to offer these monthly Lymphedema Patient Roundtables and support the lymphedema community. The Roundtables are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 8:00 PM EST. Sign up to attend any of our live webinars at https://linktr.ee/LymphaPress.