With it being Breast Cancer Awareness Month and the Roundtable falling on both World Mental Health Day and World Metabolic Health Day, there was much to discuss at the October Lymphedema Patient Roundtable!
To top it off, a number of our panelists just returned from the National Lymphedema Network Conference in Philadelphia and were eager to share insights and lessons learned from their time there as both faculty and attendees.
How can one improve gut health, especially after taking antibiotics? What are the pros and cons of using a pneumatic compression device? And how does stress affect the lymphatic system? These are just a few of the questions covered throughout the evening, accompanied by special guests Leslyn Keith, OTD, CLT-LANA, and Kathleen Lisson, CMT, CLT, raffling off free copies of their books (Leslyn’s The Lymphatic Code and Kathleen’s Stress Reduction for Lymphedema) and Kathleen leading the everyone in a series of calming breathing exercises.
With so much information and inspiration shared, the evening went ten minutes over the usual hour! Attendee Lourdes N. summed it up best in the chat when she said, “The Lymphedema Roundtable is the best medicine for me.”
Thank you to our panelists:
- Alexa Ercolano, Lymphedema Patient and Lympha Press Marketing and Communications Associate (@lymphielife)
- Angela Jones, Lipolymphedema Patient and Health Coach (@2018gethealthy)
- Leslyn Keith, OTD, CLT-LANA (@leslynkeith)
- Kathleen Lisson, CMT, CLT (@kathleenlisson)
- Catherine Rosenberg, Lymphedema Patient (@crosenberg1982)
- Amanda Sobey, Lymphedema Patient, Certified Personal Trainer, and Nutritionist (@am.sobey)
- Nasreen Starner, OTR/L, CLT (@nasreenstarner)
Lympha Press is proud to offer these monthly Lymphedema Patient Roundtables and support the lymphedema community. The Roundtables are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 8:00 PM EST. Sign up to attend any of our live webinars at https://linktr.ee/LymphaPress.