The weather may be cooling, but the conversation at the October Lymphedema Patient Roundtable was heating up with hot topics such as central lymphatics, the power of community, and the importance of mental health.
Panelists Kelly Bell and Alexa Ercolano talked about their experiences attending the recent Boston Lymphatic Symposium — and meeting Roundtable regular Fenton Groff! — while certified lymphedema therapist Betty Westbrook gave a sneak peek into an upcoming conference from the Lighthouse Lymphedema Network. Seasoned traveler Catherine Rosenberg shared a wealth of insider tips to make flying with lymphedema easier, and Angela Jones stressed the importance of self-care: “We cannot be everything to everybody. We have to save some for ourselves.”
In honor of World Mental Health Day, panelists and attendees opened up about their struggles while sharing what helps buoy them through difficult times, from mindfulness exercises and grounding techniques to ice cream and poetry. The evening flew by before ending on a cozy note with a discussion about everyone’s favorite things about fall.
Thank you to our panelists who joined us this month:
- Kelly Bell, Lymphedema Patient and Advocate (@veteran_fighting_lymphedema)
- Alexa Ercolano, Lymphedema Patient and Lympha Press Marketing and Communications Associate (@lymphielife)
- Angela Jones, Lipolymphedema Patient and Health Coach (@2018gethealthy)
- Catherine Rosenberg, Lymphedema Patient (@crosenberg1982)
- Betty Westbrook, Certified Lymphedema Therapist (@lymphedemapodcast)
Lympha Press is proud to offer these monthly Lymphedema Patient Roundtables and to be a support to the lymphedema community. The Roundtables are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 8:00 PM EST. Sign up to attend any of our live webinars at https://linktr.ee/LymphaPress.