The Lymphedema Patient Roundtable was bursting with “lymphatic gratitude” this month as the regular panel was joined by special guest Jasmine Zheng, MD, CLT, FAAPMR, from Penn Medicine!
What are central lymphatic issues? How might they present? What is the treatment? Dr. Zheng answered these questions and more, with Catherine Rosenberg providing helpful context from the patient’s perspective. Other topics covered by the panel were the benefits of wearing nighttime (quilted) compression garments while pumping, tips for managing your lymphedema over the holidays, and practicing “lymphatic gratitude” in our lymphedema lives.
A warm thank-you to our panel this month:
- Karen Ashforth, MS, OTR/L, CLT-LANA (@karenashforth_cltlana)
- Alexa Ercolano, Lymphedema Patient and Lympha Press Marketing and Communications Associate (@lymphielife)
- Angela Jones, Lipolymphedema Patient and Health Coach (@2018gethealthy)
- Catherine Rosenberg, Lymphedema Patient (@crosenberg1982)
- Jasmine Zheng, MD, CLT, FAAPMR
Resources and links mentioned in this video:
- Traveling by air with lymphedema? Arrange accommodations with TSA Passenger Support
- Learn diaphragmatic breathing and mindfulness techniques for lymphedema with Kathleen Lisson
- Find a certified lymphedema therapist through resources from the Lymphatic Education and Research Network, the Vodder and Norton Schools, and the Lymphology Association of North America
Lympha Press is proud to offer these monthly Lymphedema Patient Roundtables and support the lymphedema community. The Roundtables are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 8:00 PM EST. Sign up to attend any of our live webinars at https://linktr.ee/LymphaPress.