November is the season of gratitude, and to celebrate, panelists and attendees gathered around our virtual Roundtable to share their own feelings of “lymphatic gratitude.”
Joining the panel was Amy Beaith, a lymphedema patient and self-care herbalist whose insight and experience were especially appreciated during a discussion about herbs and supplements that may be helpful for lymphedema. Other topics covered during the hour were cellulitis, managing fibrosis, and surgery. And for those planning holiday travel, Catherine Rosenberg has you covered with more tips on traveling with lymphedema — and your compression pump!
In acknowledgment of Veterans Day, our own “Veteran fighting lymphedema” Kelly Bell spoke about the intersections of being a Veteran, a lymphedema patient, and an advocate: “I’ve learned through being a Vet, being in the military, and being a part of this lymphedema family — we’re all families,” Kelly said. “We’re all out here to help each other.”
A warm thank-you to our panelists who joined us this month:
- Karen Ashforth, MS, OTR/L, CLT-LANA (@karenashforth_cltlana)
- Kelly Bell, Lymphedema Patient and Advocate (@veteran_fighting_lymphedema)
- Amy Beaith, Lymphedema Patient and Self-Care Herbalist (@lymph.well)
- Alexa Ercolano, Lymphedema Patient and Lympha Press Marketing and Communications Associate (@lymphielife)
- Angela Jones, Lipolymphedema Patient and Health Coach (@2018gethealthy)
- Catherine Rosenberg, Lymphedema Patient (@crosenberg1982)
- Amanda Sobey, Lymphedema Patient, Certified Personal Trainer and Nutritionist (@am.sobey)
Lympha Press is proud to offer these monthly Lymphedema Patient Roundtables and to be a support to the lymphedema community. The Roundtables are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 8:00 PM EST. Sign up to attend any of our live webinars at https://linktr.ee/LymphaPress.