The November Lymphedema Patient Roundtable was pumped with interesting topics, covering everything from pain management and vibration plates to vulnerability and self-acceptance.
There was also conversation around compression garments as panelists answered questions about the differences between off-the-shelf versus custom and flat-knit versus circular knit, and our medical professionals weighed in on wearing compression while pumping.
One newly diagnosed attendee asked how the panelists processed all the new (and sometimes overwhelming) information at the beginning of their lymphedema journeys. Panelists Angela Jones and Alexa Ercolano answered with insight from their own experiences, and Mary Kastelberg shared an inspiring encounter she had with a patient earlier that day.
A big thank-you to our panelists this month:
- Karen Ashforth, MS, OTR/L, CLT-LANA (@karenashforth_cltlana)
- Cam Ayala, Lymphedema Patient, Lympha Press Compression Therapy Consultant (@CamronAyala)
- Kelly Bell, Lymphedema Patient and Advocate (@Veteran_Fighting_Lymphedema)
- Alexa Ercolano, Lymphedema Patient (@lymphielife)
- Angela Jones, Lipolymphedema Patient and Health Coach (@2018gethealthy)
- Mary Kastelberg, Lymphedema Patient, Lympha Press Compression Therapy Consultant (@LiveLoveLymphie)
- Catherine Rosenberg, Lymphedema Patient (@crosenberg1982)
- Amanda Sobey, Lymphedema Patient, Certified Personal Trainer and Nutritionist (@am.sobey)
- Nasreen Starner, CLT
Lympha Press is proud to offer these monthly Lymphedema Patient Roundtables and to be a support to the lymphedema community. The Roundtables are held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 8 PM EST. Sign up to attend any of our live webinars at https://linktr.ee/LymphaPress.