The March Lymphedema Patient Roundtable had a joyful air as panelists and attendees gathered virtually to celebrate Lymphedema Awareness Month.
Conversation ranged from the educational to the personal, covering topics such as the surgical treatment of lymphedema, lymphatic imaging tests, and medical trauma. Alexa Ercolano shared the parallels between her sobriety and lymphedema journeys, and Angela Jones spoke about how stress can sometimes be a comfort zone for her.
The chat was buzzing with questions, too: Does knee replacement surgery affect lower-extremity lymphedema? What about venous ablation? And can you eat or drink before using your pneumatic compression pump?
It wouldn’t be a celebration without a few giveaways! Goodies included two gorgeous handmade quilts by Jen Bell, a few pieces of Lymphie Life merch from Alexa, and of course some Lympha Press swag!
Lots of lymphatic gratitude to our panelists this month:
- Karen Ashforth, MS, OTR/L, CLT-LANA (@karenashforth_cltlana)
- Kelly Bell, Lymphedema Patient and Advocate (@veteran_fighting_lymphedema)
- Alexa Ercolano, Lymphedema Patient (@lymphielife)
- Angela Jones, Lipolymphedema Patient and Health Coach (@2018gethealthy)
- Catherine Rosenberg, Lymphedema Patient (@crosenberg1982)
- Nasreen Starner, CLT
- Betty Westbrook, Certified Lymphedema Therapist (@lymphedemapodcast)
Lympha Press is proud to offer these monthly Lymphedema Patient Roundtables and to be a support to the lymphedema community. The Roundtables are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 8:00 PM EST. Sign up to attend any of our live webinars at https://linktr.ee/LymphaPress.