From choosing the right skincare routine and using your compression pump to finding a treatment team and avoiding lymphedema flare-ups, the theme of the first Lymphedema Patient Roundtable of 2022 was “trial and error.”
Patients both on the panel and in the chat shared anecdotes about managing life with lymphedema, while our medical professionals provided context as to why different things work — or don’t work — for different people. Other topics included surgery for lymphedema, lymphatic imaging tests, and… Crisco!? You’ll have to watch to find out!
A special thank-you to our panelists:
- Karen Ashforth, MS, OTR/L, CLT-LANA (@karenashforth_cltlana)
- Kelly Bell, Lymphedema Patient and Advocate (@Veteran_Fighting_Lymphedema)
- Alexa Ercolano, Lymphedema Patient (@lymphielife)
- Angela Jones, Lipolymphedema Patient and Health Coach (@2018gethealthy)
- Catherine Rosenberg, Lymphedema Patient (@crosenberg1982)
- Amanda Sobey, Lymphedema Patient, Certified Personal Trainer and Nutritionist (@am.sobey)
- Nasreen Starner, CLT
Lympha Press is proud to offer these monthly Lymphedema Patient Roundtables and to be a support to the lymphedema community. The Roundtables are held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 8 PM EST. Sign up to attend any of our live webinars at https://linktr.ee/LymphaPress.