The panelists changed things up at the August Lymphedema Patient Roundtable by introducing a new format featuring a panelist chat and a Q&A open forum followed by the first-ever “Lymphedema Patient Roundtable Call-in Show”!
Did you know we have 600-700 lymph nodes in our body, the majority of which are in our gut? Certified lymphedema therapist Karen Ashforth led a fascinating conversation on the connection between digestion issues and the lymphatic system, with panelists and attendees chiming in to share their own experiences with food sensitivities. There was also an impassioned discussion about advocating yourself at the doctor’s office, especially when they aren’t familiar with lymphedema (or the lymphatic system).
During the Q&A, questions arose on topics such as what to look for when searching for a lymphedema therapist, lymphedema care before and after knee surgery, vacation tips, and more. Then, during the “call-in show,” the panelists welcomed attendee Anita C. to the other side of the virtual table to join the conversation and wrap up the evening.
Thank you to our panelists this month:
- Karen Ashforth, MS, OTR/L, CLT-LANA (@karenashforth_cltlana)
- Kelly Bell, Lymphedema Patient and Advocate (@veteran_fighting_lymphedema)
- Alexa Ercolano, Lymphedema Patient and Lympha Press Marketing and Communications Associate (@lymphielife)
- Angela Jones, Lipolymphedema Patient and Health Coach (@2018gethealthy)
- Catherine Rosenberg, Lymphedema Patient (@crosenberg1982)
…and here’s a collection of resources mentioned during the chat:
- Find a certified lymphedema therapist through resources from the Lymphatic Education and Research Network, the Vodder and Norton Schools, and the Lymphology Association of North America
Lympha Press is proud to offer these monthly Lymphedema Patient Roundtables and to be a support to the lymphedema community. The Roundtables are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 8:00 PM EST. Sign up to attend any of our live webinars at https://linktr.ee/LymphaPress.