“Thank you for being a friend…” The Lipedema Patient Roundtable was a cornucopia of warmth and gratitude this month in celebration of Friendsgiving. We pulled up some extra chairs to the virtual table as our panelists each brought a special friend along to talk about life, lipedema, and friendship.
Is it safe to have your blood pressure taken if you have lipedema in your arms? Does anyone else struggle with skin tags? And what’s the story with red light therapy for lipedema? The Roundtablers chimed in on these questions and more before ending the evening in an attitude of gratitude, with panelists and attendees giving thanks and words of encouragement.
Attendee Carol Nelson summed up the evening best when she shared how grateful she is for these monthly Roundtables: “Blessed are all the weird creepers, the lovely lippies, the gentle goddesses,” she wrote. “All your kind caring is so very appreciated by me.”
We appreciate you, too! And a special thank-you to the women who gathered around our virtual table:
- Siouxie Boshoff (@Lipedema.Living) and friend Kasi Grosvenor (@thrivingwithlipedema)
- Angelique Charles (@thelippybutterfly) and friend Angela Jones (@2018gethealthy)
- Pattie Cornute (@LipedemaFitness) and friend Marcia Witt (@notabrady)
- Cara Cruz (@palegingerpear) and friend Staci O’Shea (@lippyaware)
- Linda Anne Kahn (@lindaannekahn)
- Cheryl Scoledge (@LipedemaDiva) and friend Kelly Maynard
- …and host Brenda Viola‘s friend, Kristi Currie
The Lipedema Patient Roundtables are held every third Wednesday of the month and brought to you by Lympha Press, makers of the Optimal Plus. The Optimal Plus was specifically designed for lipedema patients, who report results that include reduced pain and increased mobility. Lipo-lymphedema patients benefit from the movement of lymph that Optimal Plus therapy provides, and often experience reduction in size. Find out more by visiting www.lymphapress.com.